Progressive Insurance provides insurance to Uber drivers in Florida. If you suffer injuries in an accident while in an Uber vehicle, or if you suffer injuries when a vehicle driven by an Uber driver strikes your car, then chances are you may have to deal with Progressive to get compensation for your injuries and your property damage. In this blog post, we discuss what can you expect while dealing with Progressive.
Depending on the circumstances of your Uber accident, and especially if it resulted in serious injuries, such as disabling burns, spinal cord damage, or traumatic brain injury, you may have the right to recover compensation from the Uber driver’s Progressive insurance policy. Working with a lawyer can help you better assess how to file your claim and what damages you should include, such as:
- Pain and suffering. After your accident, you may live with significant pain and suffering, embarrassment, and struggle to enjoy life the way you once did. Including pain and suffering as part of your claim will not erase your struggles, but it will help you make the modifications you need to move forward with your life.
- Medical expenses. When you suffer serious injuries, you may have serious medical expenses to go along with them. Patients who suffer high tetraplegia, for example, may spend more than $750,000 in medical expenses alone in the first year after the accident. After the first year, medical expenses decrease, but they do not disappear: incomplete motor functioning alone, without additional complications, may cost $42,000 in medical expenses annually. By including your medical expenses as part of your claim, you may better pay those bills and prevent medical debt from piling up.
- Lost income. Did you have to miss work as a result of your injuries? Even minor injuries may require you to stay out of work for a few days or a few weeks in order to heal. More serious injuries, on the other hand, may keep you out of work for months or even years. In some cases, your doctor may rule that you cannot return to work at all due to your injuries. Losing your source of income can create catastrophic consequences, especially if your medical expenses are mounting. Both lost wages and lost income potential may factor into the claim you file with Progressive after your Uber accident.
- Property damage. Most of the time, property damage makes up a fairly small percentage of your claim if you were riding in an Uber vehicle at the time of your accident. If, however, an Uber driver damaged your car, you may need compensation for property damage after your accident. Personal property may include any item in the vehicle at the time of the accident: personal electronics, car seats for children, and expensive possessions, for example.
- Wrongful death. Did you lose a loved one in an Uber accident? If they would have filed a personal injury claim if they survived, you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death claims may include loss of income and support, loss of companionship, and loss of services provided to the family.
A Lawyer Can Help You Deal With Progressive
Many people wonder, after an accident, if they really need a lawyer. How much does working with a lawyer really change, anyway? You want to believe that you will receive the compensation you deserve regardless of whether you use a lawyer or not. Working with a lawyer, however, can offer many advantages in maximizing the value of your insurance claim.
- Working with a lawyer ensures that there’s someone on your side. An attorney can fight to protect your rights, including your right to financial compensation after an accident from insurance companies that don’t always have an incentive to pay you.
- An attorney will deal with Progressive for you. You have enough on your plate as you recover from your injuries and losses. With an attorney on your side, you do not have to deal with phone calls or negotiations from Progressive. Instead, the attorney will deal with those things for you so that you can focus on moving on with your life.
- We often increase the compensation our clients received. Many clients find that working with an attorney is an effective way to increase the compensation insurance companies like Progressive offer Uber accident victims. Working with an attorney shows that you mean business. An attorney will also provide you with information about how much compensation you should expect. Like any insurance company, Progressive often wants to avoid an expensive court battle, so the presence of an attorney at your side will increase the odds that they will offer you the compensation you deserve.
- An attorney provides valuable advice about the entire claims process. How should you file your claim? How would you turn down a settlement that seems too low or that fails to provide for your needs? More importantly, how should you conduct yourself throughout the process, including avoiding statements that could indicate fault or that could absolve the Uber driver of fault? Working with an attorney will help you more effectively navigate the legal system, including avoiding uncomfortable mistakes that could decrease the compensation you receive for your injuries.
- We have helped many clients get the compensation they deserve faster. Many of our clients find that by working with us, they can move their claim faster, giving them a more effective, timely resolution. You do not have time to wait around for Progressive to pay out your settlement. In many past cases, we have helped our clients streamline the claims process and get their checks quickly, allowing them to pay off medical debt, make needed modifications to their homes and vehicles, and tackle the challenges ahead of them.
Do You Need Help Dealing With Progressive?
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident with an Uber driver, regardless of whether you rode in the Uber vehicle or drove your own car, you may need legal help to get the compensation you deserve. If you need help negotiating with Progressive, contact us today or dial (305) 964-8806 to set up your free consultation and to learn more about the services we offer.