Finding the Legal Representation You Need
We all rely on rideshare services like Uber and Lyft to get us home from a night out on Midtown, the Design District, or Wynwood, or to Fort Lauderdale International Airport or Miami International Airport on a hectic morning. Using rideshare apps has become part of our culture. It’s almost difficult to remember how we managed without them. But, with millions of Americans calling and taking rides with Lyft and Uber every month, there’s a downside to the convenience they offer: accidents are inevitable.
As a community, we’re starting to tackle some of the complicated questions that come up when people are injured in a rideshare-related accident. What are your rights if you’re a Lyft driver? Or a Lyft passenger? Or the person injured by a car being driven by a Lyft driver, with or without a passenger?
Fortunately, the lawyers at Uber Car Accident Law have built a solid reputation representing Floridians injured in Lyft-related and similar accidents, from drivers to passengers to innocent bystanders. If you or a loved one were injured or died in a Lyft-related motor vehicle accident, here is why we may be the legal team you need.
We Understand Typical Lyft Accident Injuries
Rideshare accidents cause the same sorts of injuries as any other car accident, and we have decades of combined experience representing victims of car accidents. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Soft tissue injuries such as whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries, many of which can lead to long-term, chronic conditions
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression
- Disfigurement, including permanent scarring and emergency amputation
- Property damage to your car and belongings
The injury and accident scenarios above could potentially cause victims years of suffering and lost wages, and piles of medical bills for which they deserve compensation.
We Know How to Investigate Fault and Liability
Finding who’s at fault in a Lyft-related accident, and then determining who should pay the victim’s damages, can be a complicated process. Having an experienced car accident attorney by your side may turn out to be essential to getting the financial relief you deserve. Our seasoned team of lawyers has gathered evidence, interviewed witnesses, hired forensic investigators, and dealt with directly with insurance companies in hundreds of car accident cases. We have the track record for figuring out whether there is someone who should be held responsible for your injuries.
In Lyft-related accidents, liable parties might include the Lyft driver, the other driver, Lyft itself, a third party, a Lyft passenger, an auto or auto parts manufacturer, or maybe all of the above. An unusual case currently pending in Florida’s courts even seeks to hold Lyft responsible for the death of a teenager that happened hours after her Lyft ride ended, because the Lyft driver had violated the company’s policy of not carrying unaccompanied minors as passengers.
Whatever the circumstances of your Lyft-related accident, we’re confident our team has the experience and knowledge to investigate it, evaluate it, and find the responsible party.
We’ve Recovered Damages for Our Clients
We have a strong track record of recovering monetary damages for our clients who are victims of auto accidents, both from insurance companies and those who directly caused our clients’ injuries. Those damages have commonly included:
- Medical expenses for injuries sustained in a Lyft-accident, which can pile up before you know it
- Lost wages that our clients would have earned had they not been hospitalized, or died, as a result of someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior
- Damages for pain and suffering sustained by our clients when the injury is particularly severe
- Money to compensate you for damages to your property
- In extraordinary circumstances, such as when an accident was caused by outrageously reckless or wrongful conduct, punitive damages to punish the wrongdoers and help make sure that no one else falls victim to the same kind of conduct in the future
There are no guarantees that you will recover money when you hire a lawyer to represent you after a Lyft-related accident. But when it comes to choosing your legal team, going with the attorneys who have years of experience negotiating settlements with insurance companies and fighting for auto accident victims’ rights could make the difference between recovering what you deserve and walking away empty-handed.
Of course, money can’t undo your pain or bring back a loved one tragically killed in a Lyft accident. But it can make dealing with your injuries and losses more manageable and help prevent future accidents.
We Offer Affordable Representation
The last thing anyone wants to think about when they’ve been injured in an accident involving a Lyft-ride is how they are going to pay for their lawyer. We offer free consultations to prospective clients and, in the appropriate cases, may take on a case for a contingency fee that may only be paid out of the money we recover for our client. Our first priority is ensuring that our clients receive the justice they deserve.
How Experienced Is Our Team? Very.
Our founder, Alan Neufeld, was one of the first attorneys in the nation to represent injured Lyft passengers. He has also achieved record-setting awards for his clients in personal injury cases.
- David Kleinberg used to represent the “other side” in car accident cases, but came to us to help accident victims recover the compensation they deserve. He has also won record-setting amounts for his clients.
- Robert Pinkiert heads our pre-litigation department, negotiating settlements directly with Zurich North America, the insurance company that covers Lyft.
- Jason Neufeld is already a seasoned car accident attorney who is attracting attention in the Florida legal community for his representation of victims of Lyft-related and similar accidents.
We’re Here to Help
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Lyft-related accident, or a loved one has died as a result of an accident involving a Lyft ride, we would like to hear from you. Our team is ready to sit down with you for a free consultation to discuss your options and whether can help you through this trying time.
The sooner you contact us, the better. Your legal rights may be affected by how long you wait to contact an attorney and begin the process of seeking compensation. Contact Uber Car Accident Law today at (305) 964-8806 or online.